The Event Rules
These Rules apply to The 40th Christmas Pudding Race event taking place on Saturday 10th December 2022 and by registering for the Event, you agree to comply with them.
The Event is organised by the Cancer Research Aid Committee on behalf of Cancer Research UK Trading Limited (a company registered in England and Wales, registered office: 2 Redman Place, London E20 1JQ, registered company number: 4355631). Cancer Research UK Trading Limited gift aids its taxable profits to Cancer Research UK (a registered charity in England and Wales (1089464), Scotland (SC041666) and the Isle of Man (1103)). ‘Cancer Research UK’ and ‘Cancer Research UK Trading Limited’ are together (“CRUK”).
Changes and Last-Minute Arrangements
- We reserve the right to postpone and/or cancel the Event in our absolute discretion due to factors such as (but not limited to) adverse weather conditions and if the situation around Covid-19 worsens.
General Health and Safety
- Participants must ensure they are sufficiently fit and healthy to take part in the Event. Anyone unsure of their physical ability to take part in the Event must seek medical advice from a General Practitioner prior to the Event. It is not advisable for pregnant women to participate in the Event.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry to the Event in our absolute discretion if for whatever reason we consider a person unfit to take part. We may also ask you to withdraw during the Event if we have concerns about your ability to complete it due to fitness, injury or otherwise. If you continue, you do so with the understanding that you absolve us and CRUK of all and any responsibility and progress entirely at your own risk.
- We take all reasonable steps to minimise the risk of injury to participants during fundraising events. There is a risk assessment process in place for the Event which aims to minimise or eliminate the risk to everyone taking part. However, by taking part in the Event, you acknowledge that it is potentially hazardous and that there may be conditions or circumstances beyond our control that can lead to unforeseen risks.
- All participants and volunteers enter and attend the Event entirely at their own risk.
- All participants must run with care and attention and abide by the rules stipulated by the Event organiser and event officials.
- First aid facilities will be provided. Any major incidents should be reported to 999.
- By taking part in the Event, you consent to receiving medical treatment administered by medically qualified personnel during the Event if required in any circumstances where you are unconscious or otherwise incapable of making a decision regarding medical treatment.
- The Committee and CRUK shall not be liable for any injury or loss to persons or their property that might occur as a result of their participation in or attendance at the Event other than in respect of any death or personal injury arising out of the Committee’s or CRUK’s negligence. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in this clause shall exclude or limit the Committee’s or CRUK’s liability for any liability that cannot be excluded or limited by law.
- Any participant that is suspected of being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs will be refused entry and will not be allowed to participate in the Event.
Use of Personal Data
- By providing personal data to the Committee and/or CRUK when you register for the Event, you confirm that you consent to such data being used by the Committee and CRUK for the purposes of organising, staging and administering the Event.
- Depending on the answers you give to the marketing questions asked by the Committee and/or CRUK, your personal data may also be used by the Committee and/or CRUK for direct marketing purposes.
- If you provide personal data on behalf of additional entrants, you also confirm that you have obtained their consent for such data to be used for the same purposes.
- In the case of an emergency, the Committee and CRUK may pass any personal details provided (either when registering for the Event or otherwise) to the emergency services or health care professionals, and also use them for the purposes of contacting emergency contacts. If you provide personal details on behalf of someone else, you confirm that you have their consent for their details to be used in this way.
- Participants consent to their details (which will be obtained by medical providers if participants are treated by them at the Event) being passed to the Committee and to CRUK. These details shall only be used for administration and health and safety purposes and to fulfil legal obligations (including those under the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013.) All medical details will be held on the CRUK database.
- All personal data held by CRUK will be handled in accordance with CRUK’s Privacy Statement which can be found at www.cruk.org
- By taking part in the Event, all participants and volunteers agree that they are happy for their names and any video footage, stills or photographs taken of them during the Event by the Committee or CRUK (or by their service providers or agents) to be used by the Committee and CRUK to publicise the Event and for commercial and/or fundraising purposes including, but not limited to, television broadcasts, advertising, publications, marketing material, merchandise, personalised direct mail, social media and other documents that may be made available to the public.
- The Committee and/or CRUK may appoint third party photographers to take photographs at the Event. All participants agree that photographs featuring them may be sent to them, to other people also featured in those photographs and to children’s parents/legal guardians where children are featured in those photos. Whilst photographers will try to obtain parental/legal guardian’s consent before taking images where children are more than just incidentally included, this cannot be guaranteed.
Sponsorship Money and Donations
- Any monies raised in connection with the Event are held on trust for Cancer Research UK and must be passed to Cancer Research UK. We ask that you do this as soon as possible after the Event.
If you are sending in cash donations raised for the event please contact Helena (one of the event organisers) who will be able to support you with this – email@example.com
- You have a legal responsibility to ensure that all sponsorship monies/donations received by you for the Event are paid to CRUK.